RTCW - Mountain Assault Read Me
For any additional info, visit my website: www.nibsworld.com/rtcw
or email email@example.com
Unzip the mtn_assault.zip file to your "C:\Program Files\Return to Castle Wolfenstein\Main" folder.
DO NOT extract the pk3 file or it will not work.
Title: Mountain Assault - NOTE: This map is playable in SW and MP modes ONLY
Filename: mtn_assault.pk3 which includes: all files necessary to run this map
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nerve and id for making the game
- Rummie - Thanks for all your help, couldn't have done it without you.
- Tunnleram for running TramDesgn (www.planetwolfenstein.com/tramdesign
), a valuable resource for wolf mappers
- The Timelord group for beta testing the map
- Mike Poole (and friends) for a second closed beta test
Game Description: The Allies have finally found the secret German communications center in the Wendelstein
mountain range. The allies must take this communications center out.
- Allied Primary Objectives: Destroy the Radio tower, destroy the radio equipment and destroy the radar room
- Allied Secondary Objectives: Capture forward deployment, infiltrate the sewer entrance and destroy the garage door switch to ensure easy access to the compound.
- Axis Primary Objectives: Defend all communications equipment (Radio tower, Radar room and radio equipment)
- Axis Secondary Objectives: Protect sewer entrance, defend the forward deployment zone and ensure garage door
stays closed to defend against the allies having easy access to the compound.
Game Type(s): MP and SW modes
Number of Teams: 2, Axis and Allies.
Recommended # of Players: 15-30
New Textures: Yes
New Sounds: Yes
Editor(s) used: GTK Radiant (and q3map 2.0.1)
Compile Machine: AMD 600, 392 megs RAM
Compile time: Full vis, with light extra: 11 Hours
There are a couple known issues:
- Around the main entrance and around the underwater tunnle entrance there are some sparkles in the terrain seams
- In the main entrance archway, on the right there are some sparkles at the seam. (For the nit-picky tech weenies:
I assure you this seam was done correctly and there are no t-juncs there but the sparkles still show up - go figure)
- Some red light leaks under the lookouts.
- You must be running 1.33 to see the smoke coming from the crashed vehicle on the main bridge
- Terrain patches: There are 3 pieces of terrain that aren't blended correctly. This is because I have 3 different terrain
textures coming together and that is a no-no. However, I felt these were acceptable to get the additional textures on the
terrain. It was a concious trade-off.
- r_speeds: The r_speeds at the allied spawn are a touch high (20-22K). I don't expect much fighting there so it shouldn't
Other maps: The Bunker
Authors MAY NOT use this level as a base to build additional levels.
This file may not be distributed with any modifications.
This BSP may be distributed ONLY over the Internet and/or BBS systems.
You are NOT authorized to put this BSP on any CD or distribute it in
any way without my explicit permission.