Download link #1
(.pk3 - 12.77 MB) hosted by http://www.x-labs.co.uk Download link #2
(.pk3 - 12.77 MB) hosted by http://dvclan.dk Download link #3
(.pk3 - 12.77 MB) hosted by http://www.s4ndmod.com PK3 MD5 Checksum:
cd_assassination 1.0 (final)
by Hummer and Ender
Woo-hoo! The map is finally done! Thanks to all of those who have helped us get this far. Big thanks to those at Planet Wolfenstein and rtcw.co.uk for all the mapping help.
Also, thanks to WikingTOR for getting our beta map out for download so early!
We added some barbed wire to the outside edges of the mansion to focus gameplay more towards the center. We also added some smoke effects, fixed the darkness of the level, widened the bunker a bit, plus some other minor stuff.
- This map is based on a real-life bunker that was owned by Hitler. We used the blue print from his Bunker for the design of this map. We got sick of all the steal documents and blow up the objective maps, and wanted to try something innovative. The objective is to assassinate Hitler. This is the first map of it's kind.
- This is the first map to do mirror effects in an RTCW. Check out the bathrooms in this level and check em' out!
- Explodable objects, and lots of em'. Windows that can bee seen through, shot through, and even have grenades and air strikes tossed through them.
- Some new textures including new art, posters, propoganda, plus some others sprinkled here and there.
- A Hitler model that is skinned, working MP sconce models and working MP parachute models. The sconces and parachutes that come with the WolfSDK don't work, so we had to make some "alterations."
- Climable trees!
- A hand made jeep, made entirely from brushes, complete with breakable glass winshield!
- Look for some cool easter-eggs thoughout the level... nothing too big but fun none the less...
Simply drop the cd_assassination.pk3 file into your "main" directory. Add cd_assassination to your server rotate config file. You can also try the map out by setting up your own "personal" server by selecting from the list of maps within RTCW, or you can type:
from the console.
SW and MP
An elite squad from the 82nd airborne division, the "All Americans," have been air dropped into the area and are attempting to assassinate Hitler at his secret mountain installation. Hitler is cornered in a bunker beneath his mansion.
Primary Objective: Breach the main door to Hitler's lair. Destroying the door will give access to the room he is cornered in.
Primary Objective: Assassinate Adolf Hitler. Hitler is cornered in his underground bunker and must be killed.
Secondary Objective: Destroy boulder blocking cavern entrance. This will allow multiple routes to Hitler's house and bunker.
Secondary Objective: Capture the Trench Deployment Area. This will allow re-enforcements to drop in closer to Hitler's home.
Primary Objective: Defend the entrance to Hitler's lair.
Primary Objective: Protect Hitler at all costs.
Secondary Objective: Prevent Allies from destroying boulder blocking cavern entrance. Preventing them from destroying the blockade will slow them down and give more time to let Hitler escape.
Secondary Objective: Hold the Trench Deployment Area. Doing so will slow Allied re-enforcements and hinder the Allied assault.
Known Bugs & Fixes:
Bugs: Just some sparkles and lighting issues we didn't have time to work out. We're done with school in a few weeks, and won't be in the same state to work on this anymore :(
Fix: The infamous "Hitler Bug" has been fixed. No more panzering / flaming / dynomiting through walls to end the game.
Fix: Score has been taken out of you kill Hitler. This way, point-whoring Axis can't get points for killing their leader.
Fix: All HOM effects should be gone. Clipping thoughout the level means no more juping out the back of the level.
Still some HOM effects here and there where brushes don't quite meet. Very hard to see unless you know the level as well as us, but they can be distracting at times.
r_speeds could be improved a bit, but hard to deal with in wide open spaces.
Hitler gibs into x-y-z green, blue and red lines... hard too notice since he dies fast.