Title: Ameland Multiplayer
Author: Arno Ansems
Description: Multiplayer map for Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Objectives: Allied forces have to steal secret documents from an
Axis headquarters. The information in the documents
must be transmitted through the radio in the lighthouse.
Both the front door of the headquarters and the door of
the lighthouse must be dynamited.
Special thanks to: Gray Matter, Id Software and Nerve for creating an
The folks from the PlanetWolfenstein forum for tips,
hints, ideas and support.
Ydnar for Q3Map2.
ApocalypseCow|EFG for the loading graphic.
Almost|EFG for hosting a test server.
Marander|EFG for hosting the beta maps.
Grim|EFG for uploading every beta map I throw at him.
Stotty|EFG for hosting a beta test forum.
Rogueknight|EFG for the escape-route-on-3rd-floor idea.
The =EFG= people for beta testing.
Gametypes supported: Multiplayer with objectives
New Textures: Yes
New Sounds: No
Build Time: 4 months
Brushcount: 8,641 brushes
Compile Tool: Q3Map2 version 2.5.14
Compile Machine: P4 2.6C with 1GB RAM
Compile Time: 1 hour 14 minutes 12 seconds
(-light -fast -filter -super 2 -bounce 8)
Base: Based on single player map sp_ameland
Editor(s) used: GTK Radiant 1.4.0
Paint Shop Pro
- Fixed z-conflict in axis bunker
- Fixed some clipping issues
- Removed two swinging doors from the axis HQ
- Axis HQ Kitchen window blows up when front door blows.
- Allied respawn time changed from 25 to 20 seconds
- Windows on the attic of the HQ are opened up (escape route)
- Windows in the church are opened up
- Blending problems in terrain fixed
- Axis bunker backdoor has sound
- Areaportals fixed = improved framerate
- New loading graphic by ApocalypseCow|EFG
- Allied landing beach shortened
- Moved Axis spawn away from the HQ door
- Axis respawn time changed from 25 to 30 seconds
- Lighthouse is redesigned
- Fixed missing textures, Z-conflicts and floating brushes
- Removed rowboat from shipyard
- Removed fire from crates near forward flag
- Made roofs on HQ and church accessible
- Initial version, modified from sp_ameland.pk3
Other maps by this author:
Brabant (RTCW SP) www.rtcwfiles.com/file.info?ID=3617
Ameland (RTCW SP) www.rtcwfiles.com/file.info?ID=12154
Copyright / Permissions
You may distribute this archive in any format, providing that all original files are intact.
NOTHING may be used from this pk3 without prior permission from the author.