Title : Capture the Flag: Communique
Filename : ctf_base.pk3
Author(s) : Tom 'Anavrin' Chen
Release Date : 1/20/02
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : WildFyre Productions - www.planetwolfenstein.com/wf/
Game : Return to Castle Wolfenstein Multiplayer
File size : 2 MB
Recommended Players : 16-24
* Construction *
Map base : Communique: mp_base.map
Editors used : GTK Radiant 1.1.1
Other utilities used : SDK entities, shaders, models, & compilers.
Known bugs :
1. The two flags may change into the same colour; It's in-game code stuff I don't have access to. It happens when the flag carrier returns or touches his own flag. The game thinks he picked it up. It *does not* affect gameplay.
2. If a flag gets taken, the flag carrier killed, and the flag returned, all in a span of 100 milliseconds, then the capture area's access may stay open. It's a penalty for trying to whore a flag when you barely have any health. :)
3. The (!) icon doesn't appear beside the Axis flag carrier in the score screen or the hud. Another in-game coding problem. However, the (!) does appear above the carrier's head, so it won't affect gameplay.
* Play Information *
- Requires full version RtCW to run.
- Place the .pk3 file in the folder of X:\RtCW installation folder\Main\
- Type "\map ctf_base" in the RtCW console
* Description *
It's almost identical to mp_base. I've applied some minor brush tweaks that you probably won't notice. Heck, pretty much the only things that were modified are the two flag bases. Capture the flag is all done via the map's script file and entity info. The source code isn't even available at this very moment. Great stuff since you don't even need to download a mod.
One note is that capturing the flag requires bringing the flag to the capture area (the coloured light), rather than to the base flag. If your flag's not at base, the door will close, and you won't be able to capture.
* Thanks to *
ID software, Nerve Software, & Gray Matter.
RosOne for getting the "W" symbol and the darkened borders for the level load screen.
Cheerleaders from IRC channel #planetwolfenstein on irc.gamesnet.net
PlanetWolfenstein and the PlanetWolfenstein Forums. (www.planetwolfenstein.com
The UK RtCW site and its mapping forums. (www.rtcw.co.uk
GTK Radiant. (www.qeradiant.com
* Copyright / Permissions *
Authors MAY use this level as a base to build additional levels.
You are NOT allowed to commercially exploit this level, i.e. put it on a CD or any other electronic medium that is sold for money without my explicit permission!
You MAY distribute this PK3 and associated files through the (internet, FTP, local BBS etc.), provided you include this file and leave the archive intact.
* Additional Notes *
Next stop: You won't believe how amazing the next map will be. It'll be made from scratch and will support 20 players or more in a completely new way of playing multiplayer.
Kitty stompers may not play this level! ;)
- Tom 'Anavrin' Chen